South Asia - Summit - Mission Exposure Program
In the nations capital, you will receive necessary training before being sent out to the remote areas. Be prepared to live out of your trekking backpack for multiple weeks, while travelling in the villages, sharing the gospel and visiting local homes and churches.
You are ready and most welcome to join when you:
- have a basic understanding of English language
- have a learners attitude
- are open to God changing your life
- are confident in your identity in Christ Jesus
- are passionate about sharing His truth with others
- are in fairly good health condition, both physically and emotionally
- will be flexible with any changes or circumstances
In a shared community house and in village homes. In the city you are based in dormitory-style rooms with bunk beds and shared bathrooms. On trek you stay at local homes or churches. Be prepared to sleep on whatever you bring or what is provided for you.
Local Asian food will be served, especially during trekking (lots of rice!). Be ready to enjoy the food served for the team. Please advise of dietary restrictions.
You are responsible to arrange and pay your own flight. We will pick you up at the airport. All other travel within the country will be taken care of. Unfortunately it's not possible to stay longer, as your visa will expire.
Participants will need to be in good health both physically and emotionally. Be prepared for bumpy bus rides, long hikes in mountainous areas and interaction with local people. Please inform us if you have any health issues.
Please check with your local OM office or the nearest embassy for visa requirements. Majority of nationalities can get visa upon arrival.
There is an information packet available after accepting your application. This packet will contain all the necessary details about what to bring and not to bring.
- Background check
- Valid passport
- Application Fee ($80/person)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must agree to OM's Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must return all required documentation by set deadlines