STEP OUT 2019 - Miyagi, Japan
A: Asia mission trips
B: Bilingual mission conference
C: Cross culture experience
D: Discipleship training
After conference you will fly to Japan and do the outreach with your teammates, the outreach place is in and around Tome, a town in Miyagi prefecture, about 2 hours North of Sendai in North-Eastern Japan.
We will focus on teaching and training participants in practical ministry skills, such as sharing the gospel, sharing their testimonies, praying for sick people, and encouraging local believers. They will have opportunity to go to and pray and reach out in unreached towns where there is no church or missionary. They will also reach out at Tanabata, a 3-day festival in Sendai city that attracts many international and local tourists.
- 27th July: Arrive at Taiwan for conference. All participants will have dinner together before the first program starts.
- 28th -30th July: It includes main sessions, interaction sessions, team building, different practical workshops, cross-cultural awareness, prayer night, community night. The conference will end in the evening of 30th July.
- 31st July: Depart conference to outreach country.
- 31st July - 8th August: Outreach in Japan
- 10th August: Depart for home
- We are looking for people who love Jesus. No previous experience is necessary as here it could be your starting point! Additionally, if you have a heart for Asia but are not sure about where to start, this program is definitely designed for you.
- Another distinctive feature for STEP OUT is the BILINGUAL conference (English and Chinese)! We warmly welcome Chinese speakers who struggle to communicate in English as Chinese interpretation would be provided throughout the conference.
- Participant is recommended to have basic English communication skill due to our team common language is in English.
**please be flexible, schedule might change due to outreach country's circumstance.
You will be offered Taiwanese food and local Japanese food. Special dietary needs have to be communicated in advance.
- You should arrange your flight to Taoyuan International Airport (TPE), Taiwan - Japan (Sendai, SDJ)- home country.
- Full details of travel arrangements will be provided by your local OM office.
- Airport pick-up will be arranged on the arrival day
- Transportation will be provided from the conference venue to the airport on the departure day.
You should be in average good health, and be responsible to obtain appropriate emergency health, medical, and travel insurance.
Only a TOURIST visa is required. In addition, Taiwan has visa exemption relationships with many countries. Please confirm full details in the website of Taiwanese bureau of consular affairs: http://www.boca.gov.tw
Japan visa: Please apply for 'Holiday or Stopover/transit' visa, and purpose of visit is to experience Japanese culture and visiting people. Japan now has a visa exemption relationship with many countries, please check on the website - http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/short/novisa.html
- Background check
- Valid passport
- Application Fee ($80/person)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must agree to OM's Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must return all required documentation by set deadlines