STEP OUT 2019 - Laos
A: Asia mission trips
B: Bilingual mission conference
C: Cross culture experience
D: Discipleship training
After the conference, you will be traveling with your teammates to Laos. Come catch a glimpse of what God is doing in this Communist nation. You will have the opportunity to meet and work with local believers while reaching out to kids and those visiting our café. Have a prayerful heart and expect the unexpected. The most important thing you will be doing is praying for and in this country while encouraging local believers.
- 27th July: Arrive at Taiwan for conference. All participants will have dinner together before the first program starts.
- 28th -30th July: It includes main sessions, interaction sessions, team building, different practical workshops, cross-cultural awareness, prayer night, community night. The conference will end in the evening of 30th July.
- 31st July: Depart conference for Laos.
- 31st July - 10th August: Outreach in Laos - kids ministry, Cafe events, practical ministry, English teaching
- 10th August: Depart for home
- We are looking for people who love Jesus. No previous experience is necessary as here it could be your starting point! Additionally, if you have a heart for Asia but are not sure about where to start, this program is definitely designed for you.
- Another distinctive feature for STEP OUT is the BILINGUAL conference (English and Chinese)! We warmly welcome Chinese speakers who struggle to communicate in English as Chinese interpretation would be provided throughout the conference.
- Participant is recommended to have basic English communication skill due to our team common language is in English.
You will be offered Taiwanese food and local Laos food. Special dietary needs have to be communicated in advance.
- You should arrange your flight to Taoyuan International Airport (TPE), Taiwan - Laos - home country.
- Full details of travel arrangements will be provided by your local OM office.
- Airport pick-up will be arranged on the arrival day
- Transportation will be provided from the conference venue to the airport on the departure day.
You should be in average good health, and be responsible to obtain appropriate emergency health, medical, and travel insurance.
Please confirm full details in the website of Taiwanese bureau of consular affairs: http://www.boca.gov.tw
In addition, Taiwan has visa exemption relationships with many countries.
Laos visa: please check your national tourism department. or visit website: http://www.tourismlaos.org/show.php?Cont_ID=35.
- Background check
- Valid passport
- Application Fee ($80/person)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must agree to OM's Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must return all required documentation by set deadlines