STEP OUT 2019 - Arts in Taiwan
- Jul 27 2019 - Aug 12 2019
- Operation Mobilization
A: Asia mission trips
B: Bilingual mission conference
C: Cross culture experience
D: Discipleship training
In Tong Lou the team will be creating and facilitating a community arts project in the creation of a large mural. Local people will also be involved with the mural and you will have the opportunity to build friendships and enjoy local hospitality. We will also do an arts programme for a children’s camp which will also connect to the mural. You can expect to learn about the local Hakka culture, arts and have time to explore and create.
- 27th July: Arrive at Taiwan for conference. All participants will have dinner together before the first program starts.
- 28th -30th July: It includes main sessions, interaction sessions, team building, different practical workshops, cross-cultural awareness, prayer night, community night. The conference will end in the evening of 30th July.
- 31st July: Depart conference for outreach location in Taiwan (morning).
- 31st July - 10th August: Outreach using art to share the good news.
- 10th August: Depart Taiwan for home.
“You are a flexible visual artist who loves Jesus, wants to share Him, and enjoys teamwork. No previous experience with murals is necessary and as part of the application process you will be asked to provide a portfolio.”
We are looking for people who love Jesus. No previous experience is necessary as here it could be your starting point! Additionally, if you have a heart for Asia but are not sure about where to start, this program is definitely designed for you.
Another distinctive feature for STEP OUT is the BILINGUAL conference (English and Chinese)! We warmly welcome Chinese speakers who struggle to communicate in English as Chinese interpretation would be provided throughout the conference.
You will be offered Taiwanese food. Special dietary needs have to be communicated in advance.
- You should arrange your flight to Taoyuan International Airport (TPE), Taiwan - home country.
- Full details of travel arrangements will be provided by your local OM office.
- Airport pick-up will be arranged on the arrival day
- Transportation will be provided from the conference venue to the airport on the departure day.
- please arrive Taoyuan International Airport(TPE), Taiwan on before 3pm on 27th of July.
You should be in average good health, and be responsible to obtain appropriate emergency health, medical, and travel insurance.
Only a TOURIST visa is required. In addition, Taiwan has visa exemption relationships with many countries. Please confirm full details in the website of Taiwanese bureau of consular affairs: http://www.boca.gov.tw
Stories Tell your story
- Background check
- Valid passport
- Application Fee ($80/person)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must agree to OM's Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must return all required documentation by set deadlines