Africa Trek September 2019
- Sep 1 2019 - Nov 24 2019
- Operation Mobilization
- Trekkies will be involved in a variety of ministries including (but not limited to) door-to-door evangelism, children’s ministry, sports ministry, showing the Jesus Film and practical work. Trekkies will aim to serve the needs of the local missionaries as effectively as possible.
- Day-to-day activities will vary depending on the community we are staying with. Daily activities may include things like group devotions, times for teaching/training, evangelism, serving the local community, preparing meals and traveling.
If you want to grow closer to God, see how He is working in Africa, and make as big an impact as possible on the world during your life, the Africa Trek is for you!
Accommodation on the Trek will be basic. Trekkies will sleep in tents, most of the time.
Trekkies will live with local missionaries, and, as such, eat what local missionaries eat. At times, there may be options for Trekkies to purchase snacks, but this cannot be guaranteed.
If you have special dietary needs - please inform us during the application process (Gluten Intolerance or Allergic, Vegan/Vegetarian, Lactose, Nut & Shellfish Allergies, Diabetic, etc.)
- Trekkies must book their own flights in and out of Africa.
- The Trek will arrange all travel from the airport.
- If you are arriving earlier and departing after the Trek start/end dates, please communicate this with your field Short Term officer BEFORE booking your flights.
- Countries to be updated.
Trekkies will be traveling frequently, and sometimes engaging in manual labour or sport in African climates. Therefore, they need to arrive in relatively good health.
We will be traveling through Southern Africa and it is the responsibility of the Trekkies to research beforehand what countries they need to apply for visas for ahead of time, and how much it will cost at the borders.
All border fees are to be paid in USD, and as a general rule, it is better to have more money than you need, in case things change
The cost of the Trek will provide you with meals each day, all of your transport whilst on the Trek, and your accommodation on the Trek.
The cost of the Trek DOES NOT INCLUDE your travel to and from the Trek, any personal snacks or extra food during the Trek, your accommodation before and/or after the Trek, injections/immunisations, any visa/border crossing money, and/or any other activities Trekkies want to engage in.
Different languages will be spoken in the different areas that the Trekkies will travel to, but the language the Trek group will communicate in is English. Therefore a reasonable level of English is required.
Trekkies are responsible for their own immunizations and malaria medication. Local doctors will have a good idea of what immunizations are required, but the one necessary injection for the Trek is Yellow Fever. Trekkies MUST have a valid Yellow Fever card with them on the Trek.
Stories Tell your story
- Background check
- Valid passport
- Application Fee ($80/person)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must agree to OM's Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must return all required documentation by set deadlines
- Must have a valid Yellow Fever card